Definitions ‘client’’patient’ ‘you’ ‘your’ – An individual who seeks advice or care. ‘practice’ ‘us’ ‘we’ – The Arm Clinic and its Partners. Basic Data
- Lennard Funk is the appointed Information Controller (IC) for The Arm Clinic
- Lennard Funk can be contacted in writing at The Arm Clinic, The Wilmslow Hospital, 52 Alderley Rd, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 1NY
- Hardeep Bhachu is the appointed Data Protection Officer for The Arm Clinic
- We will never purposefully unlawfully process your data.
- As a Company we are committed to ensuring that all data you share with us is held in strictest confidence. We will regularly review our GDPR Policy and Privacy Notices to ensure compliance.
- We will not process your data for marketing purposes without your consent.
- We will process your data on a ‘legitimate basis’ to remind you of a booked appointment. This process is conducted by our IT software Company within the EU under a data processing agreement and following GDPR. We do this to reduce the number of missed appointments. Please tell the practice if you do not wish to be reminded in this way.
- We will contact you via text message, email and letter if you fail to pay an invoice by the indicated date.
- Our website is developed and managed by an external Company. They collect non-identifiable data and cookies. This means that your personal data is not being transferred.
Types of Data that we Process
- On registering at The Arm Clinic, we will request the following data from you:
- Contact telephone numbers – home and/or mobile
- Email address
- GP Practice details
the data held in your name may also include:
- Appointments; booked, held, missed, money spent, outstanding balance, debt with the Practice
- Clinical notes; these may include notes from telephone conversations or emails.
- We store your data for legitimate reasons and legal obligations including:
- To ensure safe and effective care
- To comply with The GMC,
- For insurance and liability purposes,
- To maintain an accurate record of the patient/client,
- To be able to contact the patient/client regarding appointments
- To be able to contact clients regarding outstanding balance,
- To assist in chasing debt,
- To meet HMRC requirements
- Data may be stored securely electronically or be paper based. This is decided upon the type of data, frequency of access, type of access required.
Retention of Data
- We retain your data for the minimum time required by HMRC.
- We retain your data in order to provide safe and effective clinical care
Sharing of Data
- Your information is confidential and will only be disclosed if:
- We have permission;
- It is in the patient’s best interests;
- It is in the public interest, such as if it is necessary to protect public safety or prevent harm to others
- We will only share information, where appropriate, with colleagues involved in the care, treatment or other services provided to a patient in line with the GMC standards of practise (https://www.gmc-uk.org/ethical-guidance/ethical-guidance-for-doctors#confidentiality).
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of the data that we hold for you.
- You are entitled to withdraw consent at anytime.
- You can do either in point 16 or 17 by writing to:
Mr Lennard Funk The Arm Clinic The Wilmslow Hospital 52 Alderley Rd Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 1NY We will reply within one month.
- Should you wish to complain about the way in which we process your data, you can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/)